Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The 'Indian warmth' of running

Yesterday I was talking to an Indian woman who has run two half marathons in one year- one can say an MDE (Marathon Distance Equivalent). It is quite rare to find an Indian female runner, let alone one who is interested in distance running. When I was living in Evanston, I used to see a young Indian woman running regularly- I remember she worked for the AMA in the City.

Today the temp reached 70 degrees- on March 17th! It was a gorgeous day- perfect for running. I went in the evening, ran up to downtown and then turned around and covered quite a bit of distance. It was so nice to be able to run in shorts! I had not been able to do that since I returned from India.

Hopefully I get to sneak in some running in Turkey next week!

No comments: