Sunday, June 7, 2009

Best praise....

Today I was out for a casual run when I saw a young couple running in the opposite direction. We say hello and continued on. After a few minutes, I stopped at the water fountain and then was doing some stretching when the couple, who had eventually turned around and were going back, also stopped for water. The young lady came up to me and said that I had a fine running form, and that my running style was very efficient and smooth. I had never thought much about my running form- one of my friends, Mr. Good, had remarked a long time ago that I had the style of Bill Rodgers. The young lady then revealed that she is a triathlete and a very good runner herself. It is nice that someone actually is observant enough to notice a person's running and then take the trouble to comment on it. Thank you to the fine young lady and her companion.

No comments: