Monday, June 30, 2008

Good old days

When I was out running a couple of days ago, I was thinking about my experiences with romantic relationships and about the good old days. The wonderful song by Billy Joel, Keeping the Faith, came to mind..

"You know the good ole days weren't always good
And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems

....
Oh, I'm going to listen to my 45's
Ain't it wonderful to be alive
When the rock 'n' roll plays, yeah
When the memory stays, yeah
I'm keeping the faith"

This morning, as I was out running, a number of high school kids were engaged in the same pursuit. I was able to keep up and then go past them.....yes, I am keeping the faith!

Back in the 80s one evening I was out running on Sheridan Road by the Baha'i temple and a young woman simply ran by me as if I was stationary. I tried hard to catch up with her, and I did after a few miles and then collapsed while she kept on going. Found out later that she had qualified for the US Olympic team. ...Good old days!

No comments: