Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Running in the Past

The following image is taken from
http://www.justaminute.com.au/squiggles/popup.cfm?page_id=28498&section_id=154929

I have this picture in a large frame hanging in my office.

The Essence Of Survival
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.


While I was running this morning I happened to recollect the happy days of the early 80s when I was at Northwestern and I ran by the lake. I used to run early in the morning and I often saw a young Indian woman running along the same path and the same distance. One day I happened to catch up with her and introduce myself. She was working for the American Medical Association then.
Last year I ran in Central Park for the first time. That was an interesting event too.

Couple of my favorite movies:
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, and
Running on Empty

No comments: