Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Undulations

Runners are a non-homogeneous, weird bunch. There are some who are obsessed with their 'times' and their PRs (personal best times) for various distances. Then there are others who run for fun and don't keep a log of their daily distances or times.
Many in the former group prefer flat terrains so that they can record good times. While I do pay attention to my times when I am competing, I prefer an undulating hilly terrain for my runs. Running is a rather boring sport, and hills and mountains provide some excitement, the joy of discovering something 'beyond.'
I have run in many places- my favorite ones are as follows:
  1. Kauai
  2. Hilo
  3. Vancouver
  4. La Jolla
  5. Portland
Just as in running, romance and life are more enjoyable if they are undulating, have peaks and valleys and unfold mysteries beyond what the senses can perceive.

No comments: