Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Nice November Surprise

Today, November 2nd, happened to be a really nice day. After moving the clock backwards in the morning, I worked on a power outlet that had stopped working. After removing the outlet and putting everything back, I found that the outlet now works just fine. I have no clue what the problem had been in the first place.
Then I looked up the NYT and saw that Paula Radcliffe had won the Marathon. Ever since her phenomenal time of 2 hrs 15 minutes 25 seconds, she has not quite lived up to her billing, but apparently ran a strong race today.
It was a partly sunny, cool but not cold, windy morning in Chicago, with temperature around 62 degrees, when I put on my shorts and my Tellabs T-shirt and went out for a run. I felt great and my legs felt strong- something I have not experienced in a long time. I went for a long run and ran eight plus miles at an under seven minute mile pace. When the body works like a well-tuned violin the music of running is just intoxicating. The mind focuses on positive thoughts, and the energy is infectious.
Came back, showered, ate lunch, and then did come clean-up around the house.
Thanks, nature, for a wonderful day.

No comments: