Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Running in Mevlana's Land.

I was in Konya on March 25, 2009. After visiting the all girls school Guventas at noon, we came back to our hotel at around 3PM. It was about 45 degrees, but I decided to run. I put on my shorts and my T-shirt and ran around the Aladdin Hill a couple of times. Then I ran into the the city and explored the town. It was getting old, but I ran for about 45 minutes.It felt marvelous to run in the land of Mevlana. I was deeply honored to have the opportunity. I returned, showered up and took a walk in the city. Konya is a fascinating town, and I learnt a lot through running on its streets. The following day, March 26, I got up and walked for about an hour in the morning before leaving for Mevlana's museum. In the afternoon I walked around in the town again.

No comments: